After delaying his return from the international break, Manchester United have called Anthony Matheus dos Santos for training and a subsequent possible selection.
The Club said he has been cooperating with the police on investigations into assault allegations by his ex-girlfriend and other women and continues to do so.
“Since allegations were first made in June, Antony has co-operated with police inquiries in both Brazil and the UK, and he continues to do so.
“As Antony’s employer, Manchester United has decided that he will resume training at Carrington, and be available for selection, while police inquiries proceed. This will be kept under review pending further developments in the case,” a statement released by the Club on Friday said.
The forward was asked to delay his return to the Club earlier in September as players who weren’t participating in international matches were to report to camp on September 11.
Ahead of that Anthony was dropped from Brazil squad for international duties due to allegations of assault by multiple women including his girlfriend Gabriela Cavalin.
Rayssa de Freitas- one of his accusers- claims she required hospital treatment after being assaulted by Antony and a woman in May 2022.
The last by the name Ingrid Lana also claims she was compelled by Antony to have sex while on a business trip to England in 2022. According to her, the 23-year-old invited her to his house and pushed her against a wall which led to her banging her head.
The player has denied all the allegations.
It not yet known if he will be part of tomorrow’s selection against Crystal Palace after missing four games since his delay.
Meanwhile, the Red Devils have registered their displeasure at violence and abuse.
“As a club, we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation, and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.