The 2021 Ghana Arts and Culture Awards came off on Saturday 20 November 2021 at the Alisa Hotel in Accra. The Ghana Arts and Culture Awards that seeks to reward individuals and brands excelling within the Arts and Culture industry in Ghana saw Opemsuo Radio’s Adomakomasem win the Cultural Programme Show of the year. The event was in partnership with the National Commission on Culture, Ghana Tourism Authority, National Folklore Board, and Tourism Society of Ghana under the auspices of the Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture.
Here is the full list of winners of GACA 2021 last night.
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Osibisa Band
- Honorary Award – Amandzeba Nat Brew
- Honorary Award – Alisa Hotel
- Honorary Award – Bob Pixel
- Outstanding Cultural Personality – Nana Krobea Asante Kwahu Mpraeso Adontehene
- Corporate Support for Arts and Culture – Ghana Tourism Authority
- Cultural Heritage Entrepreneur – Theophilus Agyekum Sarpong (Getbusy Art Konsult)
- Ghanaian Artiste – Ssue
- Indigenous Caterer – Dimensa
- Arts and Culture Media (Radio) – Angel FM
- Arts and Culture Media (Television) – Kantanka Tv
- Arts and culture media (blog) – Voyageafriq
- Arts and Culture Media (Photography) – Dromotion Pictures
- Arts Festival Event – Black Arts Street Festival
- Ghanaian Fashion Designer – Eugene d’ Wise
- Discovery of the Year – Patti Blueh Art
- Traditional Dance Group – African Music and Dance Foundation
- Traditional Music Group – Ananse Band
- Cultural Television Program – Efiri tete (Garden City Tv)
- Cultural Radio Program – Adomankoma (Opemsuo fm)
- Spoken Word Artist – Fapempong Acheampong
- Ghanaian Visual Artist (Sculpture/Ceramic) – Kumi Samuel
- Ghanaian Visual Artist (Drawing) – Rosebird Ama Dadzie
- Ghanaian Visual Artist (Painting / Graffiti) – James Mishio
Others include; Mrs. Alisa Osei Asamoah President of Tour Operators Union of Ghana, Mr. Eric Bannerman CEO of Goldstar Air, Mrs. Delphine Brew Hammond CEO of Miss Tourism Ghana, Mr. Isaac Larmie CEO of Miss Culture Ghana, Mr. Joel F. K Abakah General Manager Ankobra Beach Resort, Mr. Benjamin Oduro Arhin Jnr Asst. Lecturer of School of the Creative Arts University of Education Winneba, Gregg Kofi of Osibisa band, Amandzeba Nat Brew, Mr. Peter Akai Anum Executive Director The Head of State Award Scheme, and past winners of Miss Tourism Ghana graced the occasion.
The night also witnessed energizing cultural dance and music performances from Fapempong Acheampong, Akuma Dance Ensemble, Miishe Band, African Dance, and Music Foundation. The High Commissioner of South Africa, Her Excellency Grace Mason, Mr. Kifalu S. Masha General Manager of Alisa Hotel, Mr. Kofi Atta Kakra Kusi Deputy Corporate Affairs Director of the Ghana Tourism Authority, Mr. Bessa Simons Ag. President MUSIGA, Mrs. Brandina Djaba Wear Ghana Ambassador were all present at the event.
Source: Opemsuo.com/ Priscy Favour