July 25, 2022

Gov’t NABCO Programme Has Swallowed ₵2.2B

The Minister for Finance, Ken Ofori Atta has disclosed that the Nation Builders Corps (NABCO) programme of the Akufo-Addo-led government has been funded with a total of GHC2.2 billion.

The government’s flagship programme, he said, admitted 100,000 graduates and prepared them for the world market.

“The Programme- which engaged 100,000 young graduates, has prepared thousands of them for the world of work. So far, we have invested approximately GH¢2.2 billion.”

The first cohort of NABCO is expected to end and exit the programme on September 1, 2022.

He also encouraged the exiting batch to “take advantage of the YouStart initiative and other existing programmes in our drive to Build an Entrepreneurial Nation.

“Government’s policy is to support dynamic young entrepreneurs access training and funds to build their businesses and become a significant pool of job providers for their fellow young people.”

The Nation Builders Corps (NABCO) programme is a government initiative to address graduate unemployment to solve social problems. The focus of the initiative will be solving public service delivery in health, education, agriculture, technology, governance, and driving revenue mobilisation and collection.

Launching the initiative in 2018, President Akufo-Addo said “NABCO will be the vehicle to deliver one hundred thousand (100,000) jobs in seven (7) prioritised areas, defined as the following modules: Educate Ghana; Heal Ghana; Feed Ghana; Revenue Ghana; Digitise Ghana; Enterprise Ghana; and Civic Ghana.”

Source: opemsuo.com/Hajara Fuseini

Prev Post

SA Starts Process To Extradite Gupta Brothers

Next Post

Suame MCE: Herds Trading At Suame Roundabout Has Been A Big Challenge To Us

post-bars

Leave a Comment