General News

Communication Minister Denies Claims of Misused Funds

The Ministry of Communication, Digital Technology and Innovations (MOCDTI) has dismissed social media claims that Minister Samuel Nartey George has “blown” public funds, describing the allegations as inaccurate and misleading.

The Ministry said the document circulating online is an extract from an official submission seeking Commitment Authorisation from the Ministry of Finance.

The request follows public financial management and procurement procedures and is based on budgetary allocations approved by Parliament for the 2026 fiscal year.

According to MOCDTI, the submission covers planned projects, operational activities and programme interventions scheduled for the year.

“It is important to emphasise that the said Commitment Authorisation request is yet to receive approval from the Ministry of Finance. Consequently, no funds have been released, disbursed or expended in relation to the items referenced in the circulating document,” the Ministry stated on May 18, 2026.

The Ministry described claims that public funds had already been squandered as “inaccurate, misleading and devoid of context,” and said they should be treated with the contempt they deserve.

The Ministry reaffirmed its commitment to transparency, accountability and strict adherence to public financial management regulations in carrying out its mandate.

Story by Hajara Fuseini

Click to read more: https://opemsuo.com/author/hajara-fuseini/

Related Articles

Back to top button