January 13, 2023

Clear Cobwebs In Rooms; Fire Officer Advices

Cobwebs are combustible, the Public Relations Officer of the Ashanti regional Fire Service, DO3 Peter Addae, has revealed.

In an interview with host of Nkwantananso Show, George Opoku Mensah, he advised residents to clear out cobwebs in the rooms as a fire safety measure.

He indicated that cobwebs are dry and therefore contribute to fire.

“Clear all cobwebs in your room. It is a major cause of fire. It is very dry and always dry. It is one of the things that enable fire to extend”, he said to the amazement of the host.

Outlining other fire safety tips, he emphasised the need for residents to be cautious about their safety stating that humanity is surrounded by fire.

“Make sure you put off all electrical appliances when leaving your house. Put off your appliances after a power outage and wait for 5-10 minutes before switching them on when the power is restored. Do housekeeping. Dispose of all belongings you don’t use.”

He continued, “free all exit points in your house. Avoid dividing your concentration when cooking. Don’t leave the kitchen at any point in time. In case you have to leave the kitchen, take along with you a napkin and spatula so that in case you forget you are cooking, the two kitchen tools will serve as a reminder.

“Avoid using stone when your gas cooker seal is damaged. Use a rice cooker for cooking only rice. Avoid burning refuse but make sure you stand by it when you decide to burn them. Farmers must also avoid using fire in the farms and forest.”

He called for residents to procure fire detectors and fire extinguishers for their homes.



Source: opemsuo.com/Hajara Fuseini

Prev Post

Fire Guts 12 Bedroom House At Fante New Town

Next Post

Alan Resignation Takes Effect, Jinapor Takes Over