General News

Victims of Burkina Faso Terrorist Attack Receiving Treatment at 37 Military Hospital

The Ghana Armed Forces (GAF) has confirmed the successful evacuation of injured victims in the Burkina Faso terrorism attack over the weekend.

The three are currently receiving medical attention at the 37 Military Hospital.

A statement issued by the GAF said they were evacuated on February 17, 2026, as part of the Government’s coordinated humanitarian and security efforts.


“The Ghana Armed Forces extends its deepest condolences to the bereaved families, prays for the repose of the souls of the deceased and wishes the injured a speedy recovery.”

The victims were members of the Ghana National Tomatoes Traders and Transporters Association who were engaged in lawful trading activities in Titao.


The attack left eight of them killed, while three others are said to be injured.

The deceased have been buried in the country while those who escaped unhurt arrived home by land.


The Government of Ghana condemned the attack as ‘mindless’ and expressed solidarity with the bereaved family.

“This despicable horror must remind us of the urgent need for a new collective approach in pursuing regional security as Ghana has consistently called for, and which we reiterated at last month’s High-Level Consultative Conference on Regional Cooperation and Security hosted by President John Mahama.”

Story by Hajara Fuseini

Click to read more: https://opemsuo.com/author/hajara-fuseini/

Related Articles

Back to top button