NDC Manifesto: John Dramani Mahama To Increase Sports Infrastructure
The flag bearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Dramani Mahama, has made a promise to complete the New Edubiase Stadium and facelift the Winneba Sports College among others.
Sports have been a unifying tool in the country- bridging all differences at greater height.
Nonetheless, Sports sector in the country is yet to see significant growth in terms of infrastructural development to unearth talents for our various sporting disciplines.
Mr. Mahama, noting the problem, underscored the need to emphasize sports infrastructure in the party’s manifesto reading on September 7,2020.
Here are NDC’s plans for sports:
• Set up Sports Centres of Excellence in the three geographical zones of Ghana.
• Construction of Stadia in all districts across the country to help unearth sports talents.
• Upgrade the Winneba Sports College into a state-of-the-art Sports University with campuses. This has been proposed to be done in selected regions. The plan includes the provision of opportunities for training and capacity building in sports management and administration as well as sports management and science.
• Continue and finish the New Edubiase Stadium started by the party four years prior.
• Build sports recreational facilities in communities in every district.
• Use the Sports Development Fund to assist the Sports Associations to pay salaries and improve welfare of local sportsmen and women.
•Sports fund will assist clubs playing in all continental competitions.
Source: Opemsuo.com / Sasu Danquah.