ASANTE KOTOKO OVERPOWERS HEARTS OF OAK IN A BLOCKBUSTER SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION
Supporters of Ghanaian giants’ Asante Kotoko SC and Accra Hearts met in the finals of the maiden edition of African Soccer Zone Inter club Social Media competition with the African Club of the Century, Asante Kotoko emerging as winners.
The fiercest competition which was organized on Facebook saw the Porcupine Warriors pulling 56% out of 21 thousand total votes cast leaving Hearts with 44%.
The two traditional clubs in Ghana zoomed past 64 teams before reaching the grand finale.
The landslide victory for Asante Kotoko SC through its supporters points out the mammoth followers of the two times Champions League winners.
Asante Kotoko supporters have distinguished themselves in superlatives following their unsaturated passion they rally behind the team.
The maiden competition boosted the social media interactions of various club fans within the African continent on the African Soccer Zone official Facebook page.
The African Soccer Zone wrote on their Facebook pages congratulating the porcupine warriors”CONGRATULATIONS to the FANS of Asante Kotoko Sporting Club 🇬🇭 for winning the maiden edition of the ‘African Soccer Zone Fantasy CLUBS FANS KNOCKOUT competition’.
A job well done to the FANS of Accra Hearts of Oak 🇬🇭 as well not forgetting the FANS of Simba SC Tanzania 🇹🇿 #NguvuMoja and Young Africans Sports Club 🇹🇿 for getting behind their teams.
To the teaming suppporters of all the 64 clubs that participated, we say THANK YOU!
More exciting contests coming up soon.”