An aged woman who sells fried yam at Apam in the Central Region has been burnt to ashes in a fire incident.
Reports indicate that the fire was sparked when a barrel containing premix fuel came into contact with the fire Comfort Arhin, the now deceased, was using for her yam.
The premix fuel was contained in a barrel being transported by two men by hand.
Reports say the men were rolling it past the woman when it flamed.
The two men who were transporting the fuel have been hospitalised after sustaining life-threatening injuries as a result of the incident.
They were fortunate to escape death after people in the area managed to douse the fire with buckets of water.
Subsequently, personnel from the National Fire Service went to the scene to get things under control.
Amid wailing, the burnt body of the deceased woman was conveyed and deposited at the Winneba Special and Trauma Hospital Mortuary.
Source: Atinka Online