General News

Family Of Kaaka To Meet National Chief Imam

A brother to the late social activist, Ibrahim Mohammed, popularly known as Kaaka has revealed that members of the family will be paying a courtesy call on the National Chief Imam, Shiekh Osman Nuhu Sharubutu.
In an interview on Orange Sunrise Show, Nafiu Mohammed, brother of Kaaka refused to give out details for their visit but noted that its outcome will be made public.
He reiterated the family’s dismay in the arrest of their elder brother, Iddi Mohammed in connection with the murder of Kaaka, stating that the police never officially informed the family the reason for his arrest.
“We the family members have not been informed why Iddi was arrested; we saw it on social media. No official statement has come to us”, he said.
He also emphatically declared the statement of Sardia Fuseini, a neighbor to Kaaka who claimed herself as a witness to the incident, as falsehood, noting that she (Sardia Fuseini) gave two conflicting statements on the 26th and 30th June, 2021.
To him, Iddi was implicated in order to do away with the fact that Kaaka was a social activist and was murdered was that reason.
According to Nafiu, nothing really is being done by the police in regard to his brother’s death but revealed that “On 10th August, a delegation from the regional police CID visited their house to take statements from the tenants”, weeks after the incident occurred.
He put on record that his late brother was a member of the #Fixthecountry as against what some politicians are saying.
Kaaka was attacked at the dawn of Saturday, June 26, at the entrance of his house by a mob. He died at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital on Monday, June 28, 2021. His family had alleged that his attack was in connection with some of the works he did which made the government unpopular, confirming he had received threats over that.
On Tuesday after the burial of Kaaka, “irate youth” mounted road blocks and protested with the reason that the police had turned deaf ears to the complaints he had made concerning threats he received. Security personnel who were deployed to the area upon the instruction of the Ashanti Regional Minister, Simon Osei Mensah, opened fire on them, leading to death of two with others including a teenager injured. Many including the British High Commission condemned the act of violence.
Following this, the President, Nana Akufo-Addo charged the Interior Minister, Mr. Ambrose Derry to probe the occurrence.
The Koomson Committee was thereby constituted made up of: Court of Appeal Judge, Justice George Kingsley Koomson; Security Analyst, Vladimir Antwi Danso; and, Executive Director of Penplusbytes, Juliet Amoah; which in the end, was able to gather some 685 evidences.
“Nineteen appeared in public. We have so far received audio evidence (only one), video footages tended are one hundred and seventeen, pictures in soft copy, five hundred and fifty-five, documentary evidence, eight, written statement, two and then two physical evidence in the nature of catridges”, the Committee said at the end of its probe.
Exactly four weeks ago, the Koomson Committee presented its findings to the Interior Minister. It was reported by Citinews that the committee recommended the removal of the Municipal Chief Executive of the Ejura-Sekyedumase Assembly, Mohammed Salisu Bamba, ecommended the transfer of the District Police Commander for Ejura-Sekyedumase, DSP Philip Hammond and the sanction military officer who led the soldiers on the grounds.
Following this, Member of Parliament for Ejura-sekyeredumase constituency, Hon. Alhaji Bawa Braimah Mohammed on the sideline, recommended the dismissal of the Ashanti regional Minister, Hon. Simon Osei Mensah for giving the order.
In the course of the probe, a neighbour to Kaaka, Sardia Fuseini had said she witnessed a scuffle between the deceased and his elder brother, Iddi Mohammed at that dawn.
“On that Friday night I was in the room performing ablution to offer my prayers. I heard the sound of Kaaka’s motorbike coming towards the house. Suddenly I heard a bang, I thought that it was the motorbike which had fallen down. I stopped whatever I was doing and relaxed to observe what was going on.
“Suddenly I heard somebody groaning. I came out to see whatever it is. When I came out I saw Kaaka’s brother holding his hand and pulling him towards the bathroom. At that place, there was light but suddenly the light went off”, she narrated to the Koomson Committee.
She has since relocated.
So far, three persons, Isaaka Ibrahim, Fuseini Alhassan and Idiss Mohammed, brother of Kaaka, have been arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit murder and murder.
Source: Fuseini

Related Articles

Back to top button